14 augustus 2017

Monday Mural


 This is another mural we found on a wall next to a parking area in Lillehammer, Norway. It shows some scenes from the past. I googled for the name "Tårn Petter" ("Tower Petter"), which apparently is an alias for Petter Syversen (1845-1928) who was a thatcher. He was known for climbing on roofs with thorn clothes, bare feet and always without a rope. But he became a legend when he had to repair the roof of the church tower and he pulled breakneck stunts to get onto the tower.

I'm linking to Monday Murals.

17 opmerkingen:

  1. Looks like painted by children, very nice !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I do love a mural that tells a story Marleen, excellent find.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I like this one as well.
    Have a good week.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. It's charmingly naive! I enjoyed the piece of Norwegian folklore too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I like this folk-art style and it is neat that it gives some history of the town. Tower Peter was a great character, worthy of being remembered and honored! I'm glad you did the research and shared it with us.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Sounds like an interesting fellow! Glad you found more about his story. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. This is nice Marleen, I like that it tells a story.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Ha Marleen, Wat ´n historie, mooi verhaal, mooie foto, aparte muurschildering.
    Groet Kees.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Very cute. Where would we be without Google? Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Don't be shy and leave a comment. I'd love to read what you think!